Answer ID: 9058
.FR is the France country code domain extension, and it is administered and governed by AFNIC
Information included in this section is parsed from this document:
This information applies to these domain extensions from AFNIC:
|.fr||Metropolitan France and Corsica|
|.pm||Saint Pierre and Miquelon|
|.wf||Wallis and Futuna Islands|
|.tf||French Southern and AntarcticTerritories|
"International" or "internationalized" domain names (IDN) consist of characters other than ASCII characters alone.
The following alphanumeric characters are admitted for use in domain names:
ASCII and IDN domain names cannot be registered which:
- begin or end with a hyphen "-";
- are more than 63 characters in length
- consist of the "-" (hyphen) in the third and fourth position, except for ASCII-encodedversions in which the label is prefixed with "xn--."
Any individual residing and any legal entity having its headquarters or principal place of business as specified below may apply to register or renew a domain name in each of the top-level domains:
- within the territory of one of the member states of the European Union
- within the territory of the following countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland.
Domain Contact Information rules:
- The domain name holder and the administrative contact must be reachable. As such, both the holder and the administrative contact must provide details of a valid telephone number and e-mail address, including accurate information to establish their identities. While the domain name is active, they must ensure that such information is kept up-to-date at all times through their Registrar.
- The domain name holder must designate an "administrative contact" on the registration application and maintain that contact throughout the duration of the domain name.
- The administrative contact may be the actual registrant or a designated third party(individual or corporate entity), including the Registrar.
- If the administrative contact is not the holder, the said contact will not have any rights over the domain name.
- The same eligibility rules applicable to the holder apply to the administrative contact.
- The domain name holder must designate a "technical contact" on the registration application and maintain that contact throughout the duration of the domain name.
- The technical contact may be the Registrar chosen by the holder when registering the domain name.
- The administrative and/or technical contacts are liable to be contacted and/or informed of any transactions affecting the domain name
The list is available on the Afnic website (https://www.afnic.fr/en/resources/reference/charters/terms-subject-to-prior-review/)
Registration of .FR domains requires pre-configuration, with additional information needed before registration
.FR specific settings
Company OR Individual
.FR is an auto-renew only domain, needing to be auto-renewed 10 days prior to expiration. See more about auto-renew only domains in the HelpDesk article: Auto-Renew Only Domains
.FR renewal, expiration, and grace period from the .FR registry website (AFNIC):