Answer ID: 9042
How do I register a .sg or .com.sg domain name? What is required?
To register a .sg or .com.sg domain, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your account.
- Select the menu option "Domain - Register a Domain" (you can also search and register a domain from the homepage).
- Enter a domain and click "Search".
- Click "Buy" next to the extension(s) that you would like.
- Click "Checkout", or go to "My Cart" in the top right of the page.
- Select the number of years you would like to register the domain from the drop-down menu (one or two years). It may also add an "ID Protect" package to the domain. You may "X" this out of the cart if you do not want it. There are more options you can change in the shopping cart as well.
- Click on the red text "Preconfiguration Required", or click on the gear icon to go into the preconfiguration settings.
- Put in Registrant Contact information (defaults to account information)
- Fill out .sg Specific Settings:
- "Type of Registrant Entity" - organization or individual
- Put in FIN (Foreign Identification Number), NRIC (National Registration Identity Card), company registration, or VAT-number.
- "Location of Registrant Entity" - within Singapore or outside Singapore
- "The corresponding ID Card or Passport of the Administrative contact". Required if the Registrant or Technical Contact is in Singapore
- Click "Click here to view additional domain settings" to change Administrative and other contacts, and change domain settings such as auto-renew, DNS, and host records.
- Click "Save My Settings"
- Review the order, then click "Submit Order". ALL SALES ARE FINAL once you click this button.
Registering .sg domains - basic info from Singapore registry:
Starting a business in Singapore: