Answer ID: 9069
I just made changes to my Host Records and/or email forwarding address, and now my email forwarding is not working, and displays a bounce-back error message saying something like this:
"unable to look up host mail.yourdomain.com: Name or service not known".
This is a glitch that can happen sometimes when changing Host Records or email forwarding settings. Everything appears to be set up correctly, but the back-end MX Records will get reset to the wrong thing. This is something that is on the list to be fixed, but it may still happen from time to time.
A workaround fix for this will be to basically turn off and turn back on the email forwarding. To do this, do the following:
- Login to your account
- Go to "Domain - My Domains" in the top menu
- Find and click on your domain
- Go to "MX Records - Edit"
- Click "Switch Service to MX Records". This will switch off email forwarding. Then you can go and turn email forwarding back on.
- In the navigation sub-menu, go to "Email Forwarding" icon on the right side
- Click "Switch Service to Email Forwarding". The previous forwarding addresses should have saved in there, and will be restored.
This should reset the back-end MX Records for the email forwarding, and fix the issue. It may take 60 minutes for the changes to go through. If the email forwarding is still not working, please let us know.