How do I transfer a .co.uk or .org.uk domain? What is involved in a .co.uk or .org.uk transfer?
Please note that .UK domains don't use authorization codes or registrar locks.
Transferring .UK domains into our system is a two step process. Please do the following:
- Contact the current registrar and request that they change the IPS TAG on your domain to ENOM.
- Follow the instructions in the article, "How to initiate an INCOMING domain transfer", starting with the section, "Submit the Incoming Transfer Order through Your Account with Us." Choose the Auto-Verification method.
It does not matter the order in which the steps are completed, however, if you initiate the transfer with eNom first, you must submit the request to the losing registrar within one week. If initiating the request to the losing registrar first, you must initiate your transfer with eNom by either the 8th of current month or the 8th of the following month, whichever is closest to the current date.
What fees are involved?
At the time the transfer order is submitted in our system, we will reserve funds for the 2 year renewal price. The registry requires 2 year renewals for applicable transfers. There are two possible scenarios:
- The domain has more than 3 months remaining on the domain expiration. In this case, the domain will not be renewed, and the transfer will be FREE. Our system still reserves the funds for a 2 year renewal, but releases them once the transfer completes.
- The domain is within 3 months or less of its expiration date. In this case, the domain will be renewed for 2 years upon transfer and a charge for renewal will be made.
Transferring .UK domains away from our system is a two step process. Please do the following:
- In your account, under your domain's General Settings, you are now able to retag your domain yourself. For a complete list of IPS TAG holders, please go to http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrars/becomeregistrar/taglist/. If your domain is not in an account, please transfer it in for fastest results. See the above section for related fees.
- Initiate the transfer on the gaining registrar's system.
It does not matter the order in which the steps are completed, however, if you initiate the transfer with the gaining registrar first, you must submit the ticket within one week. If submitting the TAG change request with us first, you must initiate your transfer with the gaining registrar by either the 8th of current month or the 8th of the following month, whichever is closest to the current date.