How do I recover domains in redemption status?
*Refer to article "What Happens When a Domain Expires"
To recover domains in redemption status, please do the following:
- Select the menu option "Domain - My Domains".
- Click on the "Expired" tab.
- Click on "Redemption Domains"
- Check the box next to the domains you wish to recover and click "Renew Selected".
- Please verify the domain name, number of years and pricing are as expected. Then click "Checkout Now".
- Please double check number of years, domain name and total price one more time. There are NO REFUNDS on redemptions after you accept the order.
- Click "Submit Order" when you are ready to complete your order.
Your order number is a reference order only, not a verification that the order processed complete. You will receive an email order confirmation once processed. Please review this email to ensure that the order was processed successfully.
NOTE: Though this applies to most common TLDs, some TLDs do not have Redemption Period or a different recovery process.
NOTE: Some domains may go into "Extended Redemption Period" status. You can learn the difference between Redemption and Extended Redemption by referring to this article: "Differences Between RGP and Extended RGP"
NOTE: The Redemption Periods are managed by the registry of the TLD. There is a fee to restore your domain from either Redemption status (usually $250) and it is not discountable. This fee is in addition to the domain renewal fee.