Can email service be used for Bulk Email, or Blasts?
Using our email service for the purposes of spamming is expressly forbidden:
“Bulk Email” Definition
“Bulk Email” is defined as Unsolicited Commercial E-mail, or UCE, transmitted within a short time frame to users that are not given the option to unsubscribe from or opt-out out of the receipt of such email.
Use of third-party providers for mailing lists, and listservs where recipients may voluntarily opt in and opt out are encouraged.
In addition to violations described in our Terms of Service, the email service prohibits users from engaging engaging in the following activities:
• sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act, or any other similar anti-spam law or regulation;
• manipulating identifiers such as email headers, IP addresses, server names, imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam;
• transmitting the same message multiple times, or to an overly large number of recipients;
• using “robots” or otherwise gaining access to any person’s email address for the purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material;
• selling, exchanging, or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person’s knowledge, initial consent and continuing consent to such disclosure;
• engaging in any illegal, illicit or damaging activity using our Mail products or services, including for marketing or promotional behavior;
• data mining any web property (including Google) to find email addresses;
• sending unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers;
• sending emails to more than the maximum number of recipients;
• sending emails to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list;
• selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person's knowledge, initial consent and continued consent to such disclosure; and
• sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no pre-existing relationship.
“Spam Email” Definition
The definition of "spam email" under the CAN-SPAM act is an electronic mail message with the primary purpose of which is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service, including an email that promotes content on a commercial website. Mail2World further defines “Spam Email” as the practice of sending unwanted e-mail messages, frequently with commercial content, in large quantities to users that are not given the option to unsubscribe from or opt-out of a distribution list.
Using the our email service for the purposes of spamming is expressly forbidden:
- Using or containing invalid or forged headers;
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- imitating or impersonating another individual or his/her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam;
- data mining or the usage of “robots” to harvest email addresses or any other web property for the purpose of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material;
- using or causing our Email systems to facilitate the transmission of unsolicited or unauthorized materials;
- using a third party’s internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party;
- sending email to users who have requested to be removed from a distribution list;
- transmitting the same message multiple times to a large number of recipients;
- selling, exchanging, or distributing to a third party the email addresses or any Email customer without such person’s knowing and continued consent to such disclosure;
- interfering with any other party’s use of their email services.
Response to Prohibited Activity
Any accounts found to have violated the Prohibited Activity may result in the immediate shut down of the account without any warning or notice.