How do I change the nameservers (DNS) on my domain name? I want to point my name to different nameservers.
You can set the nameservers (DNS) on your domain to reflect Our Servers, or Custom third-party nameservers. If you want to use our nameservers and just want to modify your host records, please see the article "Forward, Redirect or Point Your Domain/Sub-domain (Change Host Records)".
To modify the DNS on your domain, please do the following:
- Log into your account.
- Select the menu option "Domain > My Domains" (or from the main account overview, go to "Registered Domains")
- Click on the domain name you wish to work with.
- Click on "DNS Servers - Edit".
- Choose "Our DNS" to use the nameservers supplied by us, or "Custom DNS" to enter your own nameservers' addresses.
- If Custom DNS is chosen, you may enter up to 5 nameservers (e.g., ns1.example.com). Note, no IP address should be entered, unless you're registering custom nameservers for certain TLDs (see "How to Register or Update Nameservers for .EU Domains)". the Maximum number of characters in a custom DNS is 60
- Click "Save Changes".
Please allow up to 48 hours for the changes to propagate throughout the Internet.