Answer ID: 1268
How do I change the login information or manage users for MySQL/MSSQL databases in my Web Hosting?
To create a new MySQL database, please see the article, "How to Create a MySQL Database".
Option 1 - Databases created on the domain level, through the Databases menu in Plesk
These databases can be assigned separate database user accounts as follows:
- Open the Plesk Control Panel (see article "How to Access the Control Panel").
- Click Domains on the left.
- Click the domain that contains the database.
- Click the Databases icon on the right side of the page.
- Click the database name.
- Click the Add New Database User icon.
- Type in the desired Database user name and password. Click OK.
NOTE: The user names and passwords for user accounts created in this manner are case-sensitive.
User names will automatically contain a prefix based on your hosting account name.
Option 2 - Databases created on the hosting account level, through the Database Management menu
- These databases use the hosting account name and password.
- Usernames for these user accounts must be entered in lowercase when logging in. The passwords are case-sensitive.
- To reset the hosting account password, please follow the instructions in the article, KB0182 I Forgot my Hosting Account Password.
You may access databases using the following methods:
- Database server (used by scripts and applications): mysqldb2.ehost-services.com
- Web Interface: http://phpmyadmin2.ehost-services.com
NOTE: Any PHP scripts that attempt to connect to the database must match the DB version. Use PHP 5 to connect to MySQL 5 and PHP 4 to connect to MySQL 4. To modify the PHP version, please follow the instructions in the article, Windows Web Hosting: How to Change ASP/PHP versions.