How to Register a Domain Name
To register a domain, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your account.
- Select the menu option "Domain - Register a Domain" (you can also search and register a domain from the homepage).
- Enter a domain and click "Search".
- Click "Buy" next to the extension(s) that you would like.
- Click "Checkout", or go to "My Cart" in the top right of the page.
- Select the number of years you would like to register the domain from the drop-down menu (up to 10 years max). It may also add an "ID Protect" package to the domain. You may "X" this out of the cart if you do not want it. There are more options you can change in the shopping cart as well.
- Review your order, then click "Checkout Now".
- Review the order again, then click "Submit Order". ALL SALES ARE FINAL once you click this button.
You will receive an order reference number; your order is not complete until you receive an email confirmation, which is sent to the email address on your account (see "How to Change Account Information (Contact, Credit Card, Login, and General Settings)").
It is important to read your Order Confirmation email to verify if the order was a success or failed. This is the status of your order and the word "confirmation" does not necessarily mean the order was successful, only that the transaction has completed. You can use the order history report to verify if your order has been processed successfully (see "Transaction History and other Reports").
Note: To register a domain name, you must have a credit card on the account. You can put in a credit card during the checkout process, or add one to the account separately (see article "How to Change Account Information (Contact, Credit Card, Login, and General Settings)".
Note: If you are a reseller, in order to register a domain you must have a sufficient account balance. To check and/or refill your account balance, please see the article, "Refill Reseller Account".