Can I associate a domain that's registered with a different registrar to my web hosting account?
Yes, you can. First, follow the instructions in article, "Web Hosting: Associate Domain Name with Hosting Account". If you're using the email feature of your web hosting account, please follow the instructions in the article, "Activate POP Email Feature of Web Hosting Account".
Then, please follow the below instructions (for a Linux Web Hosting account):
- Open the hosting account control panel (Plesk) (see "Web Hosting: How to Access the Control Panel").
- Navigate to the main "Websites and Domains" page (top left)
- *Under the appropriate domain name, find the "IP Address". You can use this IP address in the domain DNS/host records.
- *In the same page locate the domain name that includes "ehost-services" (will be different for each hosting package). You can use this specific domain in the DNS/host records as well.
- Input the DNS/host records at the domain's registrar. The needed records are below.
|Host Name||Record Type||Address|
|www||CNAME (Alias)||*put in the full "ehost-services" domain address retrieved from Plesk*|
|@ (none)||A (Address)||*put in the IP Address you retrieved from Plesk*|
|@ (none)||TXT (Text)||v=spf1 ip4:220.127.116.11 ip4:18.104.22.168 ip4:22.214.171.124/23 ip4:126.96.36.199/24 ip4:188.8.131.52/24 ip4:184.108.40.206/24 ip4:220.127.116.11/24 ip4:18.104.22.168/24 ip4:22.214.171.124/24 mx -all|
|ftp||CNAME (Alias) ||*put in the full "ehost-services" domain address retrieved from Plesk*|
|pop||CNAME (Alias) ||mail2.name-services.com|
|Host Name||Address||Pref (Preference)|
Note: If your domain is registered with us, these host records will be automatically added when you associate the domain name with the hosting package (see article "Web Hosting: Associate Domain Name with Hosting Account"). However, these records can also be used if your domain is registered with us, but the DNS/host records were deleted somehow.