Answer ID 583
How can I change my FTP username and password through the Linux Plesk control panel?
To change the FTP username and password for one of your domains in your Linux hosting account, please follow these steps:
- Open the hosting account control panel (see "Web Hosting: How to Access the Control Panel").
- Click "Websites and Domains" on the left (it will usually default to this page anyway when you open the control panel).
- Click on the domain name or "show more", to see more settings.
- Click on "FTP Access". This will show a list of your FTP logins and their home folders. A home folder of "/" means admin, and can login to any domain on the hosting. A home folder of something else (ex. "/example.com") will only be able to FTP into that folder, and its sub-folders. Click "Add an FTP account" to create a new one.
- Click on the FTP "name" to change its settings (change username, password, and other settings)
- Click "OK" or "Apply" to save your changes.