How do I upload files to my web hosting account?
Before uploading your files, please follow the instructions in the article, "Web Hosting: Associate Domain Name with Hosting Account". After that has been completed, please follow the below instructions.
Option 1 - Upload Files via FTP
- Download and install an FTP client.
- Filezilla is a popular and free client.
- Login to the FTP server - you will need the FTP host name, user name, and password
- FTP hostname is listed on the top upper right side of the Plesk control panel, next to "Subscription."
- FTP username and password information can be changed by following the steps here: Change FTP Username and Password for Linux Hosting
- Use FTP protocol. Disable any encryption like "TLS" (Encryption is not supported)
- Upload files into the root directory of your website.
- By default, the root directory will be the domain name, e.g. example.com
Option 2 - Upload Files via the File Manager
NOTE: This method can only be used to upload files one at a time and is not recommended for larger files.
- Login to the Plesk Web Hosting Control Panel (see Web Hosting: How to Access the Control Panel).
- Click Files on the left side to open the File Manager.
- In the File Manager, click on the root directory for your website (by default this will be the domain name).
- Click on Upload At the top of the page.
- Select the file on your computer to upload.